The respiratory system houses a plethora of confusing terms related to volume and capacity. Human anatomy and physiology students annually struggle with discerning them. This crossword puzzle set will help students learn tidal volume, residual volume, functional residual volume, expiratory reserve volume, inspiratory reserve volume, vital capacity, and total lung capacity. The first crossword puzzle offers definitions as clues. The clues package the vocabulary term with the definition on the second crossword puzzle on the reverse side, less a keyword that is the answer.
- Two crossword puzzles
- A combined word bank for the crossword puzzle set on a separate page
- The PDF file will become editable upon conversion to Microsoft Word using an Adobe Acrobat DC Reader app
This lesson complements the following activities about the respiratory system in my store:
- Respiratory System Worksheet Set
- Respiratory System Latin Root Word Worksheet & Crossword Puzzle
- Respiratory System Exam Set A and B
- Respiratory System Study Guide Packet
I appreciate your interest. I have over twenty-five years of teaching and curriculum writing experience and have published science kits through several international science education supply corporations since 2002. I am confident this resource will serve you and your students well!