This is a set of the various handouts, anchor charts (posters) and sentence starters that I use to help students when learning how to write scientific explanations
- CER Anchor Chart or poster comes in 2 sizes. 11x17 Ledger or Tabloid size (see 11x17 Poster PDF) and in a regular 8.5x11 size. To print at home I use Adobe and then go to the printer preferences and select "Poster" it should show you options that allow you to print the poster as multiple pages that can be pieced together to make one large poster. If you would like the poster on a single large sheet of paper, I use the printing services from Office Max.
- CER WRITING TIPS Double-sided bookmarks I go to the printer settings and put the pages as double-sided and have the printer flip pages on the long edge. I then copy onto cardstock to make a more durable bookmark for students to use.
- “Characteristics of a Quality Scientific Explanation” Organizer can both be used as a planning sheet to help students construct an explanation but also to evaluate the quality of the evidence they select to support the claim. This sheet also can be used to evaluate several different explanations to
- Rubric for assessing student written scientific explanations and examples of "I Can Statements".
- CER Anchor Chart in 2 sizes, 11x17 is separate PDF, 8.5x11 is in the main PDF (2 pages total)
- CER WRITING TIPS Double-sided bookmarks PDF (2 pages total)
- “Characteristics of a Quality Scientific Explanation” Organizer (1 page) PDF
- Rubric and I Can Statements (2 pages) PDF
I take pride in my materials and guarantee satisfaction. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me at [email protected]