- Activities to guide students to construct and understand population pyramids.
- A guide to help students to describe population structure.
- A comparison of the population structure of countries at different levels of development.
- The relationship between population structure and the demographic transition model.
- Key terminology: Youthful population, economically active, ageing population, dependency ratio.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organizer
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in the notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
• A word document worksheet that includes activities that introduce key terminology, helps students to read graphs, describe distributions and complete structured reading activities.
•The word document is 7 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers.
•The PowerPoint is 17 slides
Check out The Geography Oasis for more resources.