A detailed case study of a range of urban problems in Mumbai, and the attempted solutions.
- Low Income Country (INDIA)- MUMBAI- Rapid urban growth, rural to urban migration, squatter settlements.
This product is part of a pack 'urban problems and solutions' that is available through my store page.
• Word document worksheet that includes activities that introduce key terminology, helps students to identify a range of urban problems/solutions in Mumbai. This looks at the reasons for mass rural to urban migration, conditions in the Dharavi slum and how the city is trying to respond to these challenges.
•The word document totals 3 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
•The PowerPoint is 11 slides.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
How I use this resource:
* In class activity- I use this resource to efficiently and accurately teach the subject knowledge. I then get creative to consolidate the learning. I’ve found that the resources help to free up time for application and higher order thinking skills.
* Pre-class flipped learning- The majority of students should be able to access the learning in the resource without teacher support. Why not set this as pre-learning so that students can start a lesson from a position of confidence?
* Post class homework and consolidation- Likewise, the resources could be used to consolidate on in-class teacher instruction.
* To support EAL students- the resources are supported by structured sentences and key vocabulary.
* To support students who benefit from short, structured activities.
* The resource is aimed at students aged 14-16 although it could be suitable for younger/older.
* The resources focus on comprehension of key knowledge and processes. They include a mixture of activities including gap fills, definitions, diagrams and questions.
Each worksheet is supported with a PowerPoint that can be displayed in class and includes possible answers.
Store: The Geography Oasis