Safety Contracts are Important for good classroom management in science classes.
When I use this in class I have students initial each rule after we review it to show that we reviewed it together. I also review the mini posters before each lab, highlighting any that are extra important for a particular activity.
Rules are reviewed in more detail on the contract.
- All laboratory work must be done safely.
- Goggles must cover the eyes during labs
- Work areas and equipment should be kept clean and tidy.
- Use classroom technology appropriately.
- No eating in the classroom
- Nothing may be taken from labs without written permission
Posters lists all rules and is sized for a regular sheet of paper so it can be displayed near individual lab stations.
- Editable Lab Safety Contract (Microsoft Word Doc)
- Lab Safety Poster, 2 versions and safety contract (PDF)
I take pride in my materials and guarantee satisfaction. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org