Print, Crumple and Go
There are days when your students need to move around and/or you need to review integer rules and/or you just don’t want another day of notes or seatwork. Time for a snowballtoss! This is an easy to set up activity that your students (and you) will enjoy. Addition,subtraction, multiplication, and division problems are included. You will need the following:
- A copy of the problem signs
- 2 containers such as copy paper boxes or baskets
- Print the problem pages.
- Put the 2 containers at the front of the room or where you want the students to toss the ‘snowballs’ to and label one ‘Positive’ and the other ‘Negative’. I have created these signs for you to use if you wish.
- Crumple the problem pages. Make a pile of the ‘snowballs’ in an area of your room.
- Have students make one or two lines behind the snowball pile.
- Students grab a snowball, uncrumple it, read it, recrumple it and toss it into the appropriate container.
- After all the snowballs have been tossed, open them and have the class verify thateach snowball is in the correct container.
Optionally, you can print multiple copies and create teams. Have the teams race to see who can get through their snowball piles first.
The key is provided at the end of the file.