- A definition of transnational corporations with an introduction to 5 of the world's biggest companies.
- A brief history of the rise of global companies from the days of empire.
- An introduction to Toyota.
- The global distribution of Toyota operations including headquarters, research and development and manufacturing centres.
- An activity that highlights the positive and negative impacts of TNCs and Toyota in particular.
- A decision making activity to introduce the concepts of protectionism and free market.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organizer
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
• A word document worksheet that includes activities.
•The word document is 3 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
•The PowerPoint is 12 slides
Check out The Geography Oasis for more resources.