Using posters and music, students will be introduced to the various Civil Rights Movements of the 1970s and beyond. Students will have the opportunity to design their own posters and present to their peers in a Museum Tour style Gallery Walk!
This Product includes:
- Instructions on how to run the activity: for the teacher linked to pages
- 4 different lesson-modification options paired with Illinois Common Core State Standards!
- Printable student graphic organizers & notes for analysis
- Suggested research links, songs, images, etc. for classroom use
- Follow-up texts and activities, including exit-slip prompts and templates
This product was created with the intention of being paired with my "Civil Rights Gallery Walk - Doc Analysis - compare contrast MLK Jr. & Malcolm X" lesson and my "Black Panther Party 10-Point Program Analysis Activity & Graphic Organizer" lesson.
I suggest both a "gallery walk" and a "think-pair-share" style activity for this product
You may also easily add a Venn-diagram or close reading if you wish!
Visit DaSilva Solutions for more activities.