I really feel this is one of the most comprehensive and creative units you will find on the Civil War. A lot of work has been put into developing activities and projects that are engaging and fun for students to complete.
Very clear answer key and teacher guide included! The course utilizes a free online textbook as well as many other interactive resources. Check out the free unit guide (preview download)!
- VR 360 Station Activity that turns your class into a virtual museum!
- Re-Tweeting the Emancipation Proclamation Activity!
- An 11 page activities package with many diverse and interesting activities from mapping to political cartoon interpretation.
- Facebook Profile Activity - students complete a profile of a main figure of the Civil War (Two versions: Printable and editable included)
- The introduction of Photography during the Civil War
- True Stories of the Civil War research activity!
- Crime Scene Report/Investigation of the Assassination of the Lincoln!
- Rapid-Fire Discussion
- 10 Low organization games!
- Order of Events Activity
- Dynamic Smartboard Review Activity (can actually be done without a smartboard - only a computer needed)! On teacher computer, Smart Notebook 16.2 needed. This resource has been replaced through access to "Class Flow" interactive quizzes.
- Unit test, review sheet and answer key
Also included is 3 Project options and unit test:
- Research Essay Guide
- Battlefield Poster Project
Store: Creating History