This is all you need to run your own yoga club or introductory yoga unit!
This download outlines a 10-week yoga club that teaches students various different yoga positions and flows. It is geared towards beginners and is fun for all ages.
Each weekly session begins a welcome slide, warm up stretch, and a weekly mantra. Then, the students will learn new poses or flows and end the session in Savasana.
Here are the specific poses and flows the students will learn each week:
- Week 1 - Child's Pose, Table Top, Cat-Cow, Happy Baby
- Week 2 - Plank, Chaturanga, Cobra, Downward Facing Dog
- Week 3 - Sun Salutation
- Week 4 - Triangle Pose, Pyramid Pose, Extended Side Angle Pose
- Week 5 - Mountain Pose, Chair Pose, Tree Pose
- Week 6 - Warrior I, Warrior II, Warrior III
- Week 7 - Moon Salutation
- Week 8 - Bridge Pose, Lizard Pose, Half Pigeon Pose
- Week 9 - YouTube Yoga (students will follow 2 YouTube videos to show that they can easily do yoga at home)
- Week 10 - Yoga Charades (this game is included for free with your download!)
There are pictures on every slide that clearly show how the pose is supposed to be executed. Feel free to check out the preview to see what Week 1 looks like!
I hope you find this resource useful! Check out Heaven in Grade Seven for more resources!
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great way to get started, 10 weeks worth of lessons