Printable & Digital Project (EDITABLE) - Build a Zoo. This is a perfect end of the year, back to school, math centers, summer camp, or summer school math activity to practice fraction and mixed numbers operations - multiplication, division, addition, subtraction, and more.
"Create your own Zoo" is a math project designed for students to complete independently or with a group.
This download includes both a printable (pdf) and digital Google Slides™/PowerPoint™ version.
- decide on a zoo name,
- choose a plot of land and their animals accordingly to the budget,
- plan the zoo design,
- choose Zookeepers Team,
- manage animal food,
- calculate expenses,
- calculate ticket and souvenir shop profits.
This project covers:
- Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers by Whole Numbers
- Identifying and Writing Fractions
- Reducing Fractions to Simplest Form
- Equivalent Fractions
- Comparing Fractions
- Adding Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
- Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Converting Fractions to Decimals
- Multi-Digit Addition, Subtraction, Division and Multiplication (including decimals),
- Area Calculation
- Money Management.
This resource includes:
- The editable digital version in Google Slides™.
- The editable PowerPoint™ version.
- The printable version in pdf (color) -29 pages in total.
- The printable version in pdf (black & white) -29 pages in total..
- An example of a completed project.
- The Grading Rubric.
Look at the preview to check how it works.
Check out Inspire Math Matematyka for more resources.