'Eureka Stockade’ (Grades 3-7) is a curriculum-aligned ballad that highlights some of the key people & events leading up to the 1854 gold miners' rebellion.
The ballad's poetic style helps students to understand and remember what led gold miners in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia to rise up in revolt against authorities, culminating in the infamous Battle of the Eureka Stockade.
* Lyric sheet PDF only
Also Available to Download:
* 'Gold Fever!' song video MP4 & MP3 song package
* 'Australian Democracy' song video MP4
All of our publications are covid-friendly!
If your school is unable to sing, at the moment because of restrictions, our content-rich, curriculum-aligned lyrics stand alone as poems (perfect for literacy extension, poetry units, reading groups, etc.).
Our curriculum-aligned songs target outcomes & learning sequences of curriculum documents and support & Integrate classroom learning across key subject areas
They are perfect for:
• Motivating and engaging students
• Introducing new units of work
• Kickstarting discussion
• Summarising, reinforcing and aiding recall of important curriculum content
• Reinforcing school and life themes & concepts
• Extending literacy
• Poetry lessons/study units (lyrics)
• Assembly & performance pieces
• Arts integration
• Distance learning...
- Pinterest Board: 'Eureka Stockade' (lesson plans, posters, etc.)
- Follow on FACEBOOK
- Follow on TWITTER
- Follow on PINTEREST
- Follow on LINKEDIN
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow Blog
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.' ~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher: Music In Action, A Magazine for Educators)
Copyright: ©Lyrics, Nuala O’Hanlon / ©Music, Kathryn Radloff, Keystone Creations ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital, without permission in writing from the copyright owners.
Keystone Creations ~ Educational Songs
'A Lesson in Every Lyric'®