‘Eureka Stockade’ now completes the following song trilogy (and is discounted for a limited time!):
- ‘Gold Fever!’ (the Australian Gold Rush)
- ‘Eureka Stockade’ (lead up to the1854 miners’ rebellion)
- ‘Australian Democracy’ (key events & people)
(If you are doing a unit on Australia, you may also be interested in our curriculum-aligned song video of the same name, ‘Australia’.)
‘Eureka Stockade’ (Grades 3-7) is a curriculum-aligned ballad that highlights some of the key people & events leading up to the 1854 rebellion.
‘A Lesson in Every Lyric’®
The song’s poetic style helps students to understand and remember what led gold miners in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia to rise up in revolt against authorities, culminating in the infamous Battle of the Eureka Stockade (perfect for inclusion in poetry units and National Poetry Month!).
‘Wow. That’s an excellent song and wonderful production. I learnt the proper story from listening. That’s brilliant.’
~ Andrew C., Parent, Musician
MP4 song video for use on computers, smart boards, and other technological devices
Video Preview Sample:
• Not musical ~ NO worries!
• Just download the MP4 song video and play on your classroom whiteboard or computer!
• Students read / sing / learn along as the song plays and the lyrics display on the screen.
• No need to print out lyrics or create a powerpoint - the Mp4 does it all for you, making it easy for the whole class or school to follow the lyrics on any screen and read/sing along together.
• Stop video at any time, to discuss/clarify/reinforce content, define words, discuss punctuation, etc.
Our songs target outcomes & learning sequences of curriculum documents and support & integrate classroom learning across key subject areas.
They are perfect for:
• Motivating and engaging students
• Introducing new units of work
• Kick-starting discussion
• Summarising & reinforcing learning content
• Aiding recall of important information
• Extending literacy
• Poetry units (lyric sheets)
• Arts integration
• Assembly & performance pieces
• Creating unity
• Distance learning...
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.'
~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
- PINTEREST BOARD: ‘Gold Fever!' (lesson activities, posters, etc.)
- Follow on FACEBOOK
- Follow on TWITTER
- Follow on PINTEREST
- Follow on LINKEDIN
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow Blog
COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song video is for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs
A Lesson in Every Lyric®