Explore 10 primary sources covering the 1918 Spanish Flu Epidemic. Each source on an individual student worksheet with questions provided and an answer key for each worksheet!
Use this as supplement resources to your post-WWII and interwar years units and lesson plans. Extend your lesson by discussing the differences with students between the 1918 epidemic and the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic.
- Poster on a trolley warning (image)
- Telegram to Indian of Bureau Affairs (text)
- Poster explaining epidemic (image)
- Navy directive on the flu (text)
- Symptoms of the flu (image)
- Emergency Hospital (image)
- Open Air Courtroom (image)
- Chicago Headlines (image)
- People wearing masks (image)
- Food & the Flu (text)
Check out more Mastery of History Resources!