This resource includes a full topic of 6 lesson plans and photocopiable resources - designed to last for approximately 12 hours) to take the children on a journey through researching, comparing and contrasting world leading Safari Parks. Using this knowledge, the children then design and build their own model of a Safari Park putting into action everything they have seen and learnt.
Plans include YouTube links to specific videos to support visualising world famous Safari Parks from all over the world. Reference is clearly made within the plans when to use video (with links embedded in the plans) and when to use the resources to support children's research and learning.
The lessons contents include:
1) Know the difference between a zoo and a safari park.
2) Know where influential safari parks are throughout the world - and what makes them so popular and influential.
3) Understand the main aims of safari parks in terms of education and protection.
4) To know the main features of the Top Ten safari Parks from all over the world (name, size, position, animals supported, other attractions and number of visitors).
5) Make links between position of safari parks in the world and needs of animals.
6) To systematically collect and present research data and begin to make links between findings of different safari parks.
7) Create "Top Trumps" game with top facts from the Top Ten safari parks.
8) Design own Safari Park using the features from research including organisation of animals, habitat zones, visitor centres, roads and tracks through the park and other features needed.
9) Learn how to use tools and build 3D structures using a range of resources.
10) Build own safari park, with features clearly linked to research.
Photocopiable resources are included.
Please see the detailed preview to view the quality and detail of lesson planning. Each lesson includes aims, activity details, resources required, outcomes and success criteria.
Thank you for viewing our store.