Teach Texas History and save money at the same time! All Texans Making a Difference items in the bundle are TEKS-Aligned and are easy to implement in a virtual or in-person classroom. This bundle includes 3 of my products as shown below (do not buy separately if you are buying bundle).
1. Texans Making a Difference - Slides & Notes - Teach Texas history using these TEKS-aligned Texans Making a Difference activities! This set includes a presentation offered in PowerPoint and Google Slides as well as differentiated printable and digital student notes. These activities are a good way to introduce, review, or supplement your Texans Making a Difference unit (previously Texas Today & Texas Citizenship units).
- Presentation can be used in a teacher-led physical or virtual classroom while students fill in their paper or digital notes!
- Lesson can be student-led and assigned through various online learning platforms that support Google Slides.
2. Texans Making a Difference INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK - Build Texas history interactive notebooks using these TEKS-aligned Texans Making a Difference activities. This product contains three Texas Making a Difference tasks to engage your students whether they are in-person or in virtual classrooms! These activities follow along with the Texans Making a Difference unit (previously called the Texas Today & Texas Citizenship units). The activities cover important people of TX, cultural contributions, celebrations/customs, scientific discoveries, Texas leaders. Each activity has a writing and/or math extension!
- Printable, interactive notebook templates/activities with photo examples and teacher notes included
- Google slide option to be used with Google classroom or any online learning platform that supports Slides. Student and teacher notebooks included with a set of instructions.
3. Texans Making a Difference - Station with an ELAR focus! - Reinforce Texas History content through your ELAR stations/rotations! Texans Making a Difference content is used in this product to help students retain their Texas History knowledge while practicing their biography and research skills! This set contains 1 activity that integrates the Texans Making a Difference content with literacy skills! What a quick and easy way to get more content in while practicing essential reading and writing skills!
Rounding Up the Research!– students will research an important person that made an impact on Texas.
- Printable station activities with teacher notes included.
- Google slide option to be used with Google classroom or any online learning platform that supports Slides.
4. Texans Making a Difference Unit Test - Test your students Texas history knowledge using this TEKS-aligned Texans Making a Difference Unit Test! This set includes a Texans Making a Difference test offered in a printable PowerPoint and Google Form self-grading version. Both versions are totally editable as well and have answer keys!
****If you love BUNDLES check out my FULL-YEAR, MEGA-BUNDLE!
This unit covers the follow content (TEKS):
•4.15(A) identify important individuals who have participated voluntarily in civic affairs at state and local levels such as Adina de Zavala and Clara Driscoll;
•4.15(B) explain how individuals can participate voluntarily in civic affairs at state and local levels through activities such as respectfully holding public officials to their word, writing letters, and participating in historic preservation and service projects;
•4.15(C) explain the duty of the individual in state and local elections such as being informed and voting;
•4.15(D) identify the importance of historical figures and important individuals who modeled active participation in the democratic process such as Sam Houston, Barbara Jordan, Lorenzo de Zavala, Ann Richards, Henry B. González, Wallace Jefferson, and other local individuals;
•4.15(E) explain how to contact elected and appointed leaders in state and local governments.
•4.16(A) identify leaders in state, local, and national governments, including the governor, local members of the Texas Legislature, the local mayor, U.S. senators, local U.S. representatives, and Texans who have been president of the United States;
•4.16(B) identify leadership qualities of state and local leaders, past and present
•4.17(A) identify customs, celebrations, and traditions of various cultural, regional, and local groups in Texas such as Cinco de Mayo, Oktoberfest, and Fiesta San Antonio
•4.17(B) summarize the contributions of artists of various racial, ethnic, and religious groups in the development of Texas culture such as Lydia Mendoza, Chelo Silva, and Julius Lorenzo Cobb Bledsoe.
•4.18(A) identify famous inventors and scientists such as Gail Borden, Joseph Glidden, Michael DeBakey, and Millie Hughes-Fulford and their contributions;
•4.18(B) describe how scientific discoveries and innovations such as in aerospace, agriculture, energy, and technology have benefited individuals, businesses, and society in Texas.
•4.19(B) analyze information by applying absolute and relative chronology through sequencing, categorizing, identifying cause-and-effect relationships, comparing, contrasting, finding the main idea, summarizing, making generalizations and predictions, and drawing inferences and conclusions;
•4.19(C) organize and interpret information in outlines, reports, databases, and visuals, including graphs, charts, timelines, and maps;
•4.21(A) use social studies terminology correctly;
•4.21(D) create written and visual material such as journal entries, reports, graphic organizers, outlines, and bibliographies.
Created by Sabrina Evans - Teaching With Humor - Visit My Store