The Aztecs - a complete unit plan including resources for the teaching of this Ancient, non-European civilisation.
Upon purchase, you will receive a Zip file which contains 13 detailed lesson plans accompanied with 11 sets of resources to support each of the lessons. Each of the lesson plans and the resources are in Word and are therefore editable to allow you the flexibility to change the plans if required to support the needs of your learners.
The lesson plans can be seen in the preview and include the following elements:
- Lesson Number
- Main objectives of the lesson
- Key activities in the lesson
- Organisation of resources and pupils
- Success criteria
- Assessment opportunities
Of the lesson plans, the following coverage is achieved:
- Lesson 1: Where did the Aztecs live? What was the environment of Mexico like?
- Lesson 2: Create a timeline of Aztec society alongside European society
- Lesson 3: Why was exploration encouraged?
- Lesson 4: What was the impact of exploration? What was achieved and by who?
- Lesson 5: How were the Aztecs discovered? By who? When?
- Lesson 6: Learning about the Aztec civilisations lifestyle within Tenochtitlan
- Lesson 7: Using sources and images to find out more about Aztec lifestyles
- Lesson 8: Setting up a class based museum of images and artefacts
- Lesson 9: Classifying artefacts and understanding what they show
- Lesson 10: Aztec civilisation - the arts, number system and alphabet
- Lesson 11: Producing a report: The Rise and Fall of the Aztecs
- Lesson 12: Interpreting historical sources and investigating bias
- Lesson 13: Summarising what we have learnt about the Aztecs
All of the lessons have been taught in classrooms and have provided high quality learning experiences.
Thank you for visiting our store and viewing our products.