Urban Land Use and Urban Models
This resource looks at the characteristics of the different zones found in urban areas. It describes and explains the theory behind the Concentric Circle model (Burgess), Sector model (Hoyt), and LEDC urban model. BONUS: Google Earth/ Google MyMaps application to the case study of Chicago, USA.
- The characteristics of different zones found in urban areas.
- Concentric circle model (Burgess), Sector Model (Hoyt), and LEDC urban model.
- Google Earth/Google MyMaps application to the case study of Chicago, USA.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organizer
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
Store: The Geography Oasis