With Chinese New Year, Don't just learn about it, EXPERIENCE IT! This Virtual Field Trip takes students to in VR and 360 to China to explore, learn all about the holiday, and even try some of the activities and tasks! With videos, readings, VR, and 360, students can fully experience this holiday and complete activities to expand thinking and build comprehension!
Take a Virtual Field Trip:
- See a Dragon Dance in 360
- Watch a video all about this holiday
- Read to learn more about Chinese New Year
- Watch a video all about the Chinese Zodiac animals
- Play a Chinese based game virtually
This is the PDF version of this exciting lesson! To purchase the digital version meant for use with Google Classroom and Google Apps please see my store at the link below:
This product includes all of the following plus more:
- Free product code for teachers (a 2 Dollar Value from my store)
- Teacher instructions and differentiation ideas
- Student instructions
- Virtual Field Trip go page (links to field trip activities) lots of great links!
- Trip Overview Summary Page
- All about Chinese New Year Video Question Worksheet Activity
- Website report- question activity to guide exploration through learning about Chinese New Year with readings online
- Chinese word and animal match activity
- Learning assessment/quiz
- Chinese Zodiac animal retelling writing task
- Compare and contrast diagram of New Year holidays
- Tangram puzzle creative learning task
- Animals of the Chinese Zodiac sequencing activity
- Expository writing fun task- newspaper article task
- Timeline of events during Chinese New Year project
- Learn to write Happy New Year in Chinese with practice writing activity
- Postcard from China creative writing worksheet
- Summary of sites from 360 videos page
- Red envelope summarization mini report
- Grading Rubric
- Answer Keys
Check out a freebie from this series and other great freebies from my store to see the types of activities included in virtual field trips.
Love this lesson? Be sure to check out more great resources from my store and FOLLOW ME FOR WEEKLY FREEBIES! (That's right, I strive to post a new free product each and every week, so be sure to click the star to follow me above!) Follow along with my lessons and see great learning in action on Pinterest https://fi.pinterest.com/TeachwithBri12/
*Please note the places in this exciting field trip are in no way associated with TeachwithBri or TeachersPayTeachers and are independent great places and sites. They are meant to be used as a resource with the exciting lessons and activities in this product and are in no way my own work or property. Be sure you have the correct viewer to access this product and adjust printer settings to make sure printing is done in the best quality meant for this product.
This lesson is sensitive to diversity and that students have many different backgrounds and beliefs. Please note, It does however include an article discussing how some of the Native American population received illnesses to which they did not have immunity from the European settlers in one small article of the 50+ articles included in this resource.