With Thanksgiving, don't just learn about early settlement and life in America, EXPERIENCE IT! This Virtual Field Trip takes students to in VR and 360 to the famous sites of Plymouth Rock, and a 360 reenactment of Plymouth Colony and life on the Mayflower! With videos, readings, VR, and 360, students can fully experience life as an early Pilgrim settling in the New Land and complete activities to expand thinking and build comprehension!
Take a Virtual Field Trip:
- Watch a 360 video on-board the Mayflower
- Wonder the streets of Plymouth Colony in VR
- See Plymouth Rock Monument today in VR 360
- Read all about the colonists with original documents and articles
This is the PDF version of this exciting lesson! To purchase the digital version meant for use with Google Classroom and Google Apps please see my store at the link below:
This product includes all of the following plus more:
- Free product code for teachers (a 2 Dollar Value from my store)
- Teacher instructions and differentiation ideas
- Student instructions
- Virtual Field Trip go page (links to field trip activities) lots of great links!
- Field trip overview summary worksheet page (before attending page)
- Mayflower life video questions page
- Pilgrim Museum in 360 observation worksheet activity
- Explorations of the Mayflower Colony Village questions activity
- Assessment (field trip check)
- Life on the Mayflower writing activity
- Opinion writing- personal connection task
- Mayflower Compact creative writing task
- Life in the New Land compare and contrast page
- Postcard from the New Land Creative writing task
- Plymouth life poetry
- Settlement snapshot writing and drawing task
- Summary worksheet page
- Grading Rubric
- Answer Key
Check out a freebie from this series and other great freebies from my store to see the types of activities included in virtual field trips.
Love this lesson? Be sure to check out more great resources from my store and FOLLOW ME FOR WEEKLY FREEBIES! (That's right, I strive to post a new free product each and every week, so be sure to click the star to follow me above!) Follow along with my lessons and see great learning in action on Pinterest https://fi.pinterest.com/TeachwithBri12/
*Please note the places in this exciting field trip are in no way associated with TeachwithBri or TeachersPayTeachers and are independent great places and sites. They are meant to be used as a resource with the exciting lessons and activities in this product and are in no way my own work or property. Be sure you have the correct viewer to access this product and adjust printer settings to make sure printing is done in the best quality meant for this product.
This lesson is sensitive to diversity and that students have many different backgrounds and beliefs. Please note, It does however include an article discussing how some of the Native American population received illnesses to which they did not have immunity from the European settlers in one small article of the 50+ articles included in this resource.