- The importance of water for humans and economic development.
- Water sources (aquifers, boreholes, reservoirs, desalination, infrastructure.)
- How countries at different levels of development use water.
- Global distribution of water. Areas of physical and economic water scarcity.
- Reasons why water is set to become more scarce in future decades.
- Water management- More Economically Developed Country- Singapore. Less Economically Developed Country- Ethiopia.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organizer
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
• A word document worksheet that includes activities that introduce key terminology, helps students to describe patterns, distributions, trends and identify impacts on real world places.
•The word document is 8 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
•The PowerPoint is 19 slides
Check out The Geography Oasis for more resources.