With 37 slides, this PowerPoint was used by us in our classrooms to support 5th graders (Y6 children) develop their knowledge of 3D shapes. It became longer and more detailed the more we taught.
Once purchased, you will receive a whole projects worth of slides which includes:
- vocabulary definitions for 3D shapes (faces, edges, vertices and nets)
- 3D shape images for children to identify and discuss how they know it is that shape by referring to the number of faces, edges and vertices the shape has
- Nets of the 3D shapes to identify
- Nets of the 3D shapes that could, or might not be, the shape - the children have to visualise whether, when folded, the net would create the shape
- Word problems - using the clues and mathematical language, the children need to identify the name of the 3D shape.
Our children loved this, and their knowledge and speed soon picked up in using the clues. As the children got better at recognising shapes, we moved the slides around within each of the sections so that they were not learning the order.
We think this is a one stop shop for introducing and developing the knowledge of 3D shapes with your children.
We hope that you have fun!
Thank you for visiting our store and viewing our products.