Celebrate the life of Martin Luther King Jr. and learn all about this inspirational Civil Rights Leader for Black History Month and MLK day with this FREE Virtual Field Trip. A perfect February lesson with lots of different activities, assign all or select some for your students as an introduction into the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Take a Virtual Field Trip:
- Explore in 360 VR video as if you are really there
- Take a tour of the MLK National Monument in VR 360
- Take a tour with videos or readings through MLK's Childhood home
- Hear his famous "I have a Dream Speech"
- Watch a video of his life and learn all about Martin Luther King Jr.
- Read about his life and legacy with website links
This is the Digital version of this product designed for use with Google Classroom. To purchase PDF version of this same exciting lesson, please see my store at the link below:
This lesson is FREE in an effort to help spread understanding, learning, and knowledge to all students and especially to help bring awareness to issues like racial diversity and the Black Lives Matter Movement. It is recommended to use this lesson as a starting point in learning and then continue on with further discussions and activities around racial injustices.
This product includes all of the following plus more:
- Free product code for teachers (a 2 Dollar Value from my store)
- Teacher instructions and differentiation ideas
- Student instructions
- Virtual Field Trip go page (links to field trip activities) lots of great links!
- Field trip overview summary worksheet page
- Video Question Page- Life of MLK
- House tour question page
- Learning Check Assessment Quiz (multiple choice)
- MLK True or False Statement Sort
- Mini Report- Life of Dr. King
- Comparison chart activity for Leaders
- Description bubble task about characteristics of MLK
- Timeline sort activity of his life
- National Monument Postcard creative writing task
- Peaceful protest writing activity
- Grading Rubric
- Answer Keys
- Connection page
- Check out a freebie from this series and other great freebies from my store to see the types of activities included in virtual field trips.
Love this lesson? Be sure to check out more great resources from my store and FOLLOW ME FOR WEEKLY FREEBIES! (That's right, I strive to post a new free product each and every week, so be sure to click the star to follow me above!) Follow along with my lessons and see great learning in action on Pinterest https://fi.pinterest.com/TeachwithBri12/
*Please note the places in this exciting field trip are in no way associated with TeachwithBri or AmpedupLearning and are independent great places and sites. They are meant to be used as a resource with the exciting lessons and activities in this product and are in no way my own work or property. Be sure you have the correct viewer to access this product and adjust printer settings to make sure printing is done in the best quality meant for this product.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This Field trip had everything we needed for the students, very valuable information and the students were engaged. They did part of the field trip with the whole group and had the speech video for homework. Excellent resource, Thank You