It is never too early to start teaching your young kids the Bible.
Get started (or keep going!) with this preschool lesson and devotion about the 12 disciples of Jesus. Your preschooler will learn that Jesus loves us no matter what!
Start instilling a love for God’s word in your kids today.
There are lots of devotionals to teach preschoolers about Jesus, but these devotionals go deeper than most and include some sort of activity like a song or craft to really get the children involved and learning.
The goal of this preschool devotion is to keep the activities simple with little or no prep work for the activity and no special materials other than some basics like construction paper, glue, scissors, and other items you might have around the house.
- This preschool lesson is easy to follow. The object of the lesson is listed first, followed by any materials you will need for the craft or activity (gather these beforehand) and Bible verses that will be read during the devotion (choose your favorite Bible version).
- Start by reading the Bible passages. Then explain what the passage was about with the given talking points. Help the children apply what they have learned by asking them the questions listed.
- The questions can be followed by the activity. Sometimes these activities are simple games you can play with your kids. Sometimes they are crafts. Sometimes they are songs to sing. These activities will soon become a favorite part of your kids’ day!
- Finally, and most importantly, end the devotion in prayer. Encourage your child to pray after you do.
- Be consistent and have fun with your kids. This is such a precious opportunity to be able to spend this time with your kids.
- Keep it simple. These devotions use materials you have around the house.
- Children this age do not have a long attention span. Dedicate 10-15 minutes to do the devotion. If they are unusually wiggly and distracted, don’t get frustrated. Say a short prayer with your child instead and try again tomorrow.
- Work these devotions into your normal routine, like after breakfast or lunch or after they wake up from an afternoon nap. Choose a time and do your best to stick with it. Kids will look forward to spending this time with you.
- Have fun! Remember, you are teaching your kids to love and cherish God’s Words.
It is never to early to start instilling a love of God's Word in your child. Start early and reap the benefits of sowing the seeds with your preschooler as they grow. They will enjoy learning about Jesus' disciples in this fun, engaging lesson.
Thank you for visiting my store!
You may also enjoy these products:
Sunday School Lessons
Christian Preschool Ideas
Parts of Speech Review Word Games
Art Lesson Ideas