Queen Esther Sunday School Lesson
Bible Lesson and Activities
Great for Sunday School or Christian Elementary Schools
Queen Esther is an amazing woman from the Bible. Orphaned as a child, she is raised by her Uncle Mordecai and eventually becomes queen of the Persian empire. Because of her bravery and reliance on God, Esther saves her Jewish people from destruction.
Students will enjoy learning about Esther, Mordecai, and King Xerxes in this Bible lesson from the Old Testament. They will see that when God asks us to do hard things, that He provides for us and He is always with us.
This Queen Esther Bible Lesson includes:
- Bible Story and Discussion Questions
- 2 Coloring Sheets
- Word Search
- Activity to identify how God provides for Esther and Mordecai
- Activity to design Esther's dress (since she spent over a year preparing to meet the king)
- Matching Game with characters from the Bible story
Sample Queen Esther Lesson:
Sometimes we have to do something that we don’t want to do. Your parents may ask you to do the dishes or fold your laundry, and you’d rather read your book or play a video game. We’d rather just be doing something more fun. Sometimes God wants us to do something and we don’t want to do it because it’s hard. Maybe it’s hard to share the Gospel with your friend or neighbor because you feel like you don’t know exactly what to say. When God asks us to do something hard, He is with us and He gives us the strength we need to complete the task. When we rely on Him and trust Him, the hard things become a lot easier.
Esther was someone in the Bible who had a hard task. She was an orphan girl who was adopted and raised by her Uncle Mordecai. They were a Jewish family and lived under the rule of King Artaxerxes, a Persian King who reigned from 465-424 BC. King Artaxerxes is also called King Xerxes. Includes full story.
1. Why did King Xerxes get mad at Vashti?
2. What did King Xerxes do to find a new queen?
3. How long did Esther prepare for her meeting with the king?
12 Questions in all
1. Describe a time God asked you to do something hard.
2. How did you know God was with you?
Save yourself time and energy by getting this lesson today.
Enjoy! Please come visit my store!
You may also enjoy these products:
Sunday School Lessons
Christian Preschool Ideas
Parts of Speech Review Word Games
Art Lesson Ideas