Check out my awesome store and TeachWithBri for more awesome resources:
Take a stroll with your 3rd, 4th, 5th, or middle school students in NYC this Thanksgiving with a virtual field trip to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! Learn the history of the parade with worksheets and activities and the engineering of parade floats with fun activities and ready to go learning links!
Take a Virtual Field Trip:
- Watch parade highlights in 360 VR
- Watch a behind the scenes parade video
- See the balloons and floats in 3D from this year's parade
- Watch a video about the history of the Parade
- Watch a video about designing a parade balloon or float
- Watch a former parade with full parade video!
This product includes all of the following plus more:
- Free product code for teachers (a 2 Dollar Value from my store)
- Teacher instructions and differentiation ideas
- Student instructions
- Virtual Field Trip go page (links to field trip activities) lots of great links!
- Trip Overview Summary and prediction Page
- Video Notes Guiding Questions - Behind the scenes of the parade
- Video Notes Guiding Questions- History of the Parade
- Website reading fill in the blank task- Balloon facts and fun
- Parade balloon match-up fact to balloon activity
- Video questions page- Parade 101, balloon design
- As you watch the parade- balloon timeline sequence task
- Creative writing task- write your own postcard from the parade in NYC
- Macy's Parade history mini-report paragraph writing
- Compare and contrast- parade now vs. parade in history
- First parade history - creative writing task newspaper worksheet
- STEAM engineering worksheet planning page- create your own balloon
- Parade review activity
- Parade float snapshots
- Extra task fun- parade float maze
- Student assessment/learning check
- Grading Rubric
- Answer Key
- Assessment Answers
- Worksheet answers page 2
- Worksheet answers page 3
- Teacher guide
- Connect with me pages to learn more and TeachWithBri
- Credits and learn more pages
Check out a freebie from this series and other great freebies from my store to see the types of activities included in virtual field trips.
Love this lesson? Be sure to check out more great resources from my store and FOLLOW ME FOR WEEKLY FREEBIES! (That's right, I strive to post a new free product each and every week, so be sure to click the star to follow me above!) Follow along with my lessons and see great learning in action on Pinterest https://fi.pinterest.com/TeachwithBri12/
*Please note the places in this exciting field trip are in no way associated with TeachwithBri or AUL and are independent great places and sites. They are meant to be used as a resource with the exciting lessons and activities in this product and are in no way my own work or property. Be sure you have the correct viewer to access this product and adjust printer settings to make sure printing is done in the best quality meant for this product.