These 5, content-rich, Australia-specific curriculum-aligned, songs cover *Australia *the Australian Gold Rush *Australian Democracy (key people and events) *The government’s 9 values for Australian schools *Health (Australian chorus version of our song, 'Healthy Kids’) (Bonus 'Eureka Stockade' poem included - just because... You're welcome! :-)
All of our resources are Covid-friendly. If your school is not allowed to sing at the moment because of restrictions, our song lyrics stand alone as curriculum content-rich poetry.
'All Australian' is also available as a song videos bundle.
• 5 Mp3 Vocal Tracks
• Mp3 Backing Track (Living Values)
• PDFs Lyrics
• PDF Learning & Values Outcomes
• Suggested Activities
• Assembly & Performance Pieces
• Bonus Music Scores
• Bonus 'Eureka Stockade' ballad-style poem (soon to be available as a song!)
• Bonus 'Tips for Using Songs in Your Classroom'
SONG LIST (Click on links to hear a song preview sample):
- ’AUSTRALIA’ (Grades 3-7) is a content-rich, curriculum song that discusses such things as states, capital cities, seas, islands, rivers, significant places, sites & environments, Aboriginal place names, etc.
***View a school assembly performance of this song***
*PINTEREST BOARD: ‘AUSTRALIA (Free lesson plans, worksheets, posters, etc.)
- ’GOLD FEVER’ (Grades 3-7) helps students to learn some of the key dates, events, and figures associated with the discovery of gold in Australia. It discusses some of the hardships and frustrations experienced by gold diggers and their families, that resulted in the famous Eureka Stockade.
*PINTEREST BOARD: ‘GOLD FEVER! (Free lesson plans, worksheets, posters, etc.)
- ’AUSTRALIAN DEMOCRACY’ (Grades 3-7) helps students to understand the meaning of democracy and to develop an appreciation for those who fought for rights and freedoms we enjoy today.
*PINTEREST BOARD: ‘AUSTRALIAN DEMOCRACY’(Free lesson plans, worksheets, posters, etc.)
- Bonus: 'Eureka Stockade' (Grades 3-7) This ballad-style poem highlights some of the key people & events leading up to the 1854 gold miners' rebellion.
The ballad's poetic style helps students to understand and remember what led gold miners in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia to rise up in revolt against authorities, culminating in the infamous Battle of the Eureka Stockade.
*PINTEREST BOARD: 'Eureka Stockade': (lesson plans, worksheets, posters, etc.)
- ’LIVING VALUES' (Grades K-12)
A whole school, anthem-style song that highlights nine core values:
• Care & Compassion
• Doing Your Best
• Honesty & Trustworthiness
• Understanding, Tolerance & Inclusion
• (The Government's Nine Values for Australian Schooling)
*PINTEREST BOARD: ‘LIVING VALUES’ (Free lesson plans, worksheets, posters, etc.)
- ’HEALTHY KIDS’ (Grades K-6)
This content-laden song celebrates good nutrition, exercise and healthy living. It helps students to recognize the relationship between food & lifestyle choices and performance & wellbeing.
*Tip: Sing and discuss Chorus only, with younger grades, and introduce verses with older grades...
*PINTEREST BOARD: ‘HEALTHY KIDS’(Free lesson plans, worksheets, posters, etc.)
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.' ~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
Our curriculum-aligned songs are professionally produced, target learning sequences of curriculum documents, and support and integrate classroom and home learning across key subject areas.
They are perfect for:
- Motivating and engaging students
- Introducing new units of work
- Kickstarting discussion
- Summarising & reinforcing learning content
- Aiding recall of important information
- Extending literacy
- Poetry study/units (lyrics)...
- Assembly & performance items
- Distance learning
*COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song and accompanying package are for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs
'A Lesson in Every Lyric'®