Sunday School Lesson | What is Heaven Like?
What is Heaven Like?
Complete Sunday School Lesson Plan
Heaven is a marvelous place, and this Sunday School lesson will help you teach your students just how great it is.
Students will read passages from Revelation 21-22 that describe the new Heaven and the new Earth. Each scripture reading is followed by questions to help the students comprehend what they are reading.
After studying the scriptures together, the children will decorate your own classroom in a "heavenly" manner. This hands on activity will stick with your kids for a long time! This does require some items you may have around the house like streamers, balloons, construction paper, wrapping paper, or old boxes to use to let the kids decorate the room. If you don't have these things, you can use the alternative activity where the kids are asked to draw a picture of what they think Heaven will look like.
This is a good lesson to help your kids learn just how wonderful Heaven is going to be!
Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
- Welcome and Opening Prayer
- Opening Discussion to Brainstorm About What Heaven Will Be Like
- Bible Readings and Questions from the Bible Passages
- Favorite Jewel: Kids learn about the different jewels listed in Revelation that will be found in Heaven
- Activity--Kids decorate the classroom according to what they just learned
- Activity--Shadow Tag Game
- Verse Work: Fill in the Blanks to Complete Revelation 21:4
- Spotted in Heaven: Kids identify items found in Heaven as described in Revelation 21 and 22
- Kids will write a letter to their best friend describing to their friend what Heaven is like based on what they just learned
- Ending Prayer
Please note: For this Sunday School lesson, you will need to gather construction paper, some poster board, or streamers for the kids to decorate with before the class. The students will be using these supplies to decorate the classroom after reading what Heaven is like. This is a favorite activity for learners!
At the end of the lesson, your kids will understand why we can look forward to going to Heaven someday.
Save yourself time and energy by getting this lesson today.
Enjoy! Please come visit my store!
You may also enjoy these products:
Sunday School Lessons
Christian Preschool Ideas
Parts of Speech Review Word Games
Art Lesson Ideas