This interactive Notebook covers 9 great designed activities for the first weeks of school. They can be used for Kinders, first, second and third graders. Every activity contains clear instructions and easy cut and foldables for the students and teachers to manipulate. You will find step by step photo pictures for a clear and meaningful understanding of what to be done.
Here are the activities' descriptions:
1) BACK TO SCHOOL (FOLDABLES AND PICTURE): In the first activity, you have to make a heart shape on a piece of yellow carton so that students cut and paste it.
Then, they have to color the "BACK TO" mini-cards and the school card, too.There are some pictures to use as stickers to decorate. Finally, the students have to draw items related to each letter of "BACK TO" cards. They can be pictures with the beginning sounds. For instance, B= boat.
2) THE DAY BEFORE SCHOOL. The Day before School is the second activity. students have to color and write their names.
The Day before School4 slides card have to be
colored, cut and pasted. Then, students have to draw a picture focused on what they had done the previous day of school.
3)WHAT DID YOU DO IN SUMMER VACATION? (FLIP FLAP) This third nice activity is related to what the students did during summer vacation.Firstly, they have to color the flap up cards.
Secondly, Students have a set of 10 banners that contain 10 sentences related to 10 different activities to do during
vacation. They have to select 3 activities they did, cut and paste them.
Then, students will find 3 banner with handwriting lines. they have to write the 3 sentences they selected and pasted in the down part of the flap up banners. Finally, they put the rest of the sentences banners in an envelope they can buy or the teacher can provide.
4) ALL ABOUT ME (MONITOR FOLDABLE). All about me is the fourth activity to be done. students will find a monitor/screen cover to color.
Then, they will find the other part of the monitor that contain sentences to write and/or complete with personal details: name, age, city, birthday, favorite color and lucky number.
5) WHAT'S IN MY BACKPACK? (BACKPACK FOLDABLE) "What is there in my backpack?" is a motivating activity. Students have to color the funny backpack, cut and paste.
Then, they have to draw the items they have in their backpacks. They can also write the items' names and color them.
6) GOODIES AND BADDIES (MINI- FOLDABLE CARDS FOR GOOD AND BAD BEHAVIOR IN THE CLASS) Goodies and baddies is a great activity to introduce classroom rules in the classroom.Firstly, get your students noticed that the title is not well written.
There is a spelling mistake in "budies". they have to correct the word by adding the missing letter "d". This is done in order to get them noticed it has not a positive meaning.
Secondly, students will find a set of mini-cards with different pictures related to good and bad behaviour in the class. they have to color and paste them.
Thirdly, they will find a sheet with little hands with thumbs up and down. the hands must be pasted in the front cover of every little card according to the positive or negative behaviour.
thumbs up means a positive behaviour an down the other way around. Get your students noticed this.
Students will also find two more little cards with no pictures so that they can draw any other positive and negative behaviour.
7) HOW DO WE TRAVEL TO SCHOOL? (FLIP-FLAP FOLDABLE AND COUNTERS)
"How do we travel to school?" is another great and motivational activity that covers the way they travel to school: by car, bus, bike or on foot.
Firstly, the students have to color the flap up mini-book. Then, they have to ask their partners about the way they travel to school giving them the four options.
While they are asking and they have the answers, they have to paste a "GO" counter under the correct flap. For example, if 8 children go to school by car, they should paste 8 "GO" counters.
Finally, they are ready to write the results of the survey.
8) TAKE A PICTURE! "I HAVE BEEN THE TEACHER'S HELPER TODAY" (MINI-CAMERA FOLDABLES AND COUNTERS)
Take a picture: "I have been the teacher's helper today" is a beautiful and motivational activity that covers the children's class activities.
Students will find a set of mini-cameras with the corresponding lenses covers. Students have to color the cameras and lenses. Then, they cut and paste them.
Each camera contains a specific teacher's helper activity: calendar helper, door helper, flag holder, helper caboose, helper gardener, light monitor, line leader, pet helper,snack helper, supply manager, table washer and weather reporter.
Once they have the mini-cameras ready, they have to paste one of the apple counters when they are chosen to do the helper activity.
As it is a recorded activity along the year, students will put the green apple counters in an envelope.
9) IN THE CLASSROOM (LABELS) "In the classroom" is a simple activity that students have to color arrows and little cards and label according to the classroom picture.
students have to cut and paste the arrows with the corresponding name cards: Art center, calendar, posters, clock, Science center, Writing center, desk, chair, pencils and Reading bookcase.
Visit Ready to Teach English and Spanish for more great resources