Need a quick identifying integer activity that is self-checking! Are your students engaged with escape activities or break the code activities? Simply share the Google Sheets™ activity on real life temperature problems with your students and each one will have their own individual escape activity!! No prep! No planning!
Students have 12 problems on identifying integers. When a correct answer is entered, the image to the right of the answer box will change. The image will not change if the answer entered is incorrect. After answering a row of 3 questions correctly, the next row of 3 questions will appear or be unlocked. After all the 12 problems are correct, a bonus question related to integers appears. Once students answer this bonus question correctly, they will escape or break the code. What a fun and easy way to practice identifying integers?!?!
Students will identify and write integers on temperatures above and below freezing and will calculate and increase or decrease in temperatures.
Do you have students who work better with paper and pencil? Do you have students who need a paper copy to take home to work on? QR code task cards are included for any reason you may need a paper pencil activity. Each of the 12 problems has a QR code for students to scan with a smartphone and check their answers. The same 12 problems are on both the digital self-checking activity and the easy to print QR code task cards.
When is the best time to use this resource?
- Immediately following initial lesson: When students answer incorrectly, they can try again. The goal is to have students think about their mistakes and correct them before asking for help. Students can keep working until they earn 100% or more.
- Morning Work, Warm-Ups, or Bell Ringers: Quick & engaging activity to use as a warm-up.
- Spiral Review: Use later in this unit or later in the year to review identifying integers.
- Substitute: Quick and easy activity to leave for a substitute. Students can mark problems they struggle with on the student answer sheet.
- Summer School: Engaging and no prep activity while teaching summer school!
Read Aloud Accommodations
No problem. Simply upload the student sheet with word problems to your learning management system. Students can use the text-to-speech accessibility feature on their device to listen to the word problems being read aloud.
What is included in this resource?
Upon purchasing this resource, you will download a zip file. Open the zip file and extract all the documents by dragging and dropping the files into your personal file. In the zip file you will find…
- Links and Info: Includes Google Sheets™ link (You will be asked to make a copy of each activity.)
- QR Code Task Cards
- Answer Key
- Student Answer sheet
Please note: Game has been created in and is for use with Google Sheets™.
Open the Preview to read more about this engaging activity.
Watch the Video Preview to see this resource in action.
Common Core: 6.NS.C.5 - use positive and negative numbers to represent quantities in real-world contexts
VA SOL: 6.3a – identify and represent integers
Check out additional resources on integers as well as lots of other math resources in my store: Kids Learning Corner K8.
If you have questions about this resource before purchasing or questions or concerns after purchasing, please email me before leaving a review. I will answer your questions and help work through any problems. I enjoy hearing from teachers and parents! Thank you for visiting my store and for all you do for your students and children.
Kids Learning Corner K8
NOTE: Microsoft PowerPoint™, Google™, Google Slides™, Google Jamboard™, Google Forms™, Nearpod™, and Pear Deck™ are all trademarked. This resource was created in Microsoft PowerPoint™ and Google Slides™ and is to be used with any of these learning platforms.
Copyright © Kids Learning Corner K-8
All rights reserved by the teacher author.
- Permission is given for a single teacher to copy and upload to student learning management systems for all students on that teacher’s roster or all students in a co-taught class.
- If other teachers like this resource, please purchase an additional license at a discounted price.
- Permission is given for private tutors to use this resource and share it with the student and/or their guardian.
- You may not use this resource on Outschool™ or make available for the public on a website.