A book with five close reading passages focused on key events and people of Ancient Mesopotamia. The NO PREP reading comprehension activities are perfect for students in fifth grade or sixth grade. Students will learn about ancient history whilst developing their comprehension skills.
The book includes five individual activities on:
- An Overview of Ancient Mesopotamia
- Advances from Ancient Mesopotamia
- The Epic of Gilgamesh
- Hammurabi's Code
- Sargon of Akkad
Each activity has an informational text with comprehension and grammar questions followed by an extension task and crossword puzzle.
Included in this PDF printable resource:
- Five informational texts
- Each with a comprehension activity with ten questions
- Each with grammar questions about the text
- Each with an extension writing activity
- Answer sheets for self-assessment or teacher use
- Each has a crossword puzzle to consolidate learning
- Ready-made Easel Activities perfect for distance learning
This resource is great for:
- In class learning
- Independent work
- Guided reading sessions
- Assessment practice
- Reading interventions
- Emergency sub plans
The activity requires NO PREP; it has a body of text that students need to read through thoroughly; then they can use the text to find the comprehension and grammar answers. All texts then have an extension activity for those fast finishers and answers, for teacher use, are on the final page of the document.
Time allowance for each activity:
5 minutes - read through the text individually.
40 minutes - answer questions using the text as guidance (including extension activity)
15 minutes - Teacher and students go through the text and answers.
Store: Creative Primary Literacy
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Love these activities