Coronavirus and COVID-19 SERIES (6 pages + Key): Explore what a virus is, the differences between a virus and a bacterial cell, the spillover of the novel coronavirus 2019 and what a vaccine might do to stop COVID-19. Learn also some of the history and science behind some of Earth's most powerful viruses, past and present. Then find out what a vaccine is, how it was invented and how it affects our body's immune systems.
These pages guides young scientists to:
• Explore the spillover of the Coronavirus and what a vaccine will do to stop COVID-19
• Answer both 'Right There' questions and 'Think and Search' short answer questions
• Learn some of the history and science behind our Earth's most devastating viruses, both past and present
• Discover Exponential Growth with graph interpretation and how we gain Herd Immunity
• Use domain-specific phrases and learn scientific jargon such as DNA & RNA, particle vs. cell, microorganisms, molecules, infectious disease, transmission, injection, pathogen, antibodies, vaccination, immunity, herd event, exponential growth, mutations and antigens.
Looking for High Quality, Professionally Designed Elementary Learning Resources? Look no further - FOLLOW GRUMBLE! Although the word Montessori is in the title, ANY type of elementary student will benefit from independent, self-directed learning.
Please ask any questions you have about this product before purchasing.
Thank you! © 2021 Grumble Services LLC • All rights reserved.
Resource Color Guide (just like the Montessori hierarchical colors):
ROOKIE Pages (Green) - Aimed toward early to mid level elementary students.
SEMI-PRO Pages (Blue) - Aimed toward mid level elementary students.
VETERAN Pages (Red) - Aimed toward mid to late level elementary students.
But of course, you know the child best, so adjust accordingly.
In the words of Dr. Montessori, "Follow the Child!"
Dr. Maria Montessori believed the only way our world would find lasting peace was through educating our children. Much of her elementary curriculum was written by her during a period of internment in India during WWII. This time period helped solidify Dr. Montessori’s belief in Peace Education.