**Includes a Google version for DISTANCE LEARNING..... Please make sure any resources placed online are password protected so that only your class has access (no free public access). Thanks so much!
This 30 page lesson gives you everything you need to conduct a lesson/student activity on Mankiw’s 7 Economic Principles. The Economic Principles addressed in this lesson are:
1) People Face Tradeoffs
2) Our Choices have Costs and Benefits
3) Thinking at the Margin
4) Incentives are Important
5) Trade makes Everyone Better Off
6) Markets are a Good Place for Trade
7) Our Decisions have Future Consequences
In this lesson your students will:
1) Create an Application Handbook that requires students to conduct an in-depth study of each of the 7 economic principles (above) while they rotate to 7 different “stations” around the classroom and complete different HANDS-ON activities.
2) While students visit each of the 7 stations around the classroom they will be required to complete a short activity/task that will allow them to gain a deeper understanding of each of the principles. (Tasks included: participating in a simulation in which they “trade” with their table partners to simulate markets, watch a short video clip from YOUTUBE to visualize different types of markets, examine 6 decisions made by an imaginary government to predict some possible unintended consequences and MORE…) each activity requires critical thinking…
This lesson INCLUDES all the materials needed for the lesson/ student STATION’s and STEP-BY-STEP teacher directions! *Common Core Lesson*