**Includes a Google version for your Distance Learning needs! Please make sure any resources placed online are password protected (no public access). Thanks!
In this Government class activity your students will learn about the different forms of government and how they can be classified (direct/representative democracy, theocracy, oligarchy, monarchy, parliamentary, presidential etc.) by using EIGHT real world government examples. For example, students will examine how a real world monarchy, like the one used in Saudi Arabia, affects life in Saudi Arabia. The overall essential question is: What is it really like to live in countries with different forms of government? This lesson includes a 4 Full Color slide power-point, student worksheets/graphic organizers,readings/articles, and links to public access internet videos.
In this activity, your students will:
1) Complete Cornell Style Notes on the Forms/Classification of Governments used around the world from a short 4 slide power-point/ public access video. (worksheet included)
2) Either work in small groups or individually (teacher choice) to examine a specific form of government through the articles, and videos provided, to understand what it is really like to live in that country under that specific form of government.
• There are 8 countries included (Use all 8 or only the ones that pertain to your curriculum) The countries included are Saudi Arabia (Monarchy/Theocracy), North Korea and China (Communism/Dictatorship), U.S.A and South Korea (Presidential-Representative Democracy) and Scotland, India, Japan (Parliamentary- Democracy)
3) Record their research on a worksheet and graphic organizer. (included)
4) Complete a creative assessment/exit card to illustrate their understanding of the different forms of government. (Included)
Teacher STEP-BY-STEP directions are included.
You will get a PDF, PPT and Google version for your use!
Created by Learning is A Passion - Visit My Store