Back for more? These multiplication exercises are designed to encourage those students not confident in their abilities or hesitant to learn their multiplication facts, also known as "Mental Math." A list of factor pairs are available in the left hand column along side the practice problems. The reverse page is designed as a precursor to algebra and to start students in thinking about multiplication/division as inverse operations.
Five Ways Parents Can Help Their Child Memorize Multiplication/Division Facts:
- Be interested in math yourself. You are your child’s greatest role model!
- Find out what facts they already know. Spend the least amount of times on these.
- Focus primarily on the facts they need to learn; kids tend to struggle with 6s, 7s, 8s and 9s.
- Provide encouragement along the way; you could even use a chart to monitor progress.
- Spend quality time practicing together and remember to acknowledge their successes!
Looking for High Quality, Professionally Designed Elementary Learning Resources? Look no further - FOLLOW GRUMBLE! Although the word Montessori is in the title, ANY type of elementary student will benefit from independent, self-directed learning.
Please ask any questions you have about this product before purchasing.
Thank you! © 2021 Grumble Services LLC • All rights reserved.
Resource Color Guide (just like the Montessori hierarchical colors):
ROOKIE Pages (Green) - Aimed toward early to mid level elementary students.
SEMI-PRO Pages (Blue) - Aimed toward mid level elementary students.
VETERAN Pages (Red) - Aimed toward mid to late level elementary students.
But of course, you know the child best, so adjust accordingly.
In the words of Dr. Montessori, "Follow the Child!"
Dr. Maria Montessori believed the only way our world would find lasting peace was through educating our children. Much of her elementary curriculum was written by her during a period of internment in India during WWII. This time period helped solidify Dr. Montessori’s belief in Peace Education.