A close reading activity bundle with twelve activities about some of the most influential sport stars throughout history. Each activity has an informational text with comprehension and grammar questions followed by an extension task. The NO PREP reading comprehension activities are perfect for students in fifth grade or sixth grade. Students will learn about the inspirational figures from sport whilst developing their comprehension skills.
The bundle includes individual activities on:
- Tennis superstar Roger Federer.
- Gymnastics superstar Simone Biles.
- American Football superstar Peyton Manning
- Swimming superstar Michael Phelps
- Basketball superstar Michael Jordan.
- Boxing superstar Muhammed Ali.
- Baseball superstar Jackie Robinson.
- Olympic superstar Jesse Owens.
- Basketball superstar LeBron James.
- Sprinting world record holder Usain Bolt.
- Tennis superstar Serena Williams.
- Football superstar Lionel Messi.
Included in this PDF printable resource:
- Twelve informational texts
- Each with a comprehension activity with ten questions
- Each with grammar questions about the text
- Each with an extension writing activity
- Answer sheets for self-assessment or teacher use
This resource is great for:
- In class learning
- Independent work
- Guided reading sessions
- Assessment practice
- Reading interventions
- Emergency sub plans
The activity requires NO PREP; it has a body of text that students need to read through thoroughly; then they can use the text to find the comprehension and grammar answers. All texts then have an extension activity for those fast finishers and answers, for teacher use, are on the final page of the document.
Time allowance to complete:
5 minutes - read through the text individually.
40 minutes - answer questions using the text as guidance (including extension activity)
15 minutes - Teacher and students go through the text and answers.