***Includes a Google version for your DISTANCE LEARNING needs.... Please make sure any resources placed online are password protected so that only your class has access (no free public access). Thanks so much!
In this activity, your students will create a handbook that addresses each section of the U.S. Constitution- Article I: The Legislative Branch. There are 13 pages in the handbook, each covering a different section/topic in Article I, that students will complete using their classroom textbook and/or the websites/QR Codes provided. Students will be required to watch a series of short, high interest, public access videos to complete portions of their handbook. Once their handbook is complete they will cut out and staple their pages together to make a book! Fun!
- Permanent Apportionment Act that established the 435 seat House
- Congressional Apportionment
- The House of Representatives (Congressman) who represents the district where your student lives (Bio of Congressman)
- Comparison of the House V. Senate (term, qualifications, salary etc.)
- The Senators that represent the state where your student lives (Bio of 1 Senator)
- Congressional Organization (Majority Leaders, Minority Leaders, Whips etc.)
- Congressional Powers (Expressed, Implied, Inherent)
- What does an “Opening Day” in Congress look like?
- Writing a formal letter to a member of Congress on an issue of concern to the student (formatting)
All Student Handouts and links to public access videos included. Teacher Answer Key is provided on select portions
Created by Learning is a Passion - Visit My Store