**Includes a Google version for Distance Learning! Please make sure any resources placed online are password protected (no public access). Thanks!
In this (fully- editable) activity your students will compare the reasons for the fall of the Roman Empire in 476 AD by participating in a Socratic Seminar...OPTIONAL: if you prefer, this resource could easily be used as a document based student activity instead of a Socratic Seminar (classwork or homework)!
For the Socratic Seminar Activity your students will:
1) Read and examine 20 short primary source excerpts, charts etc. and answer Comprehension Questions about each source to guide understanding.
2) Using the template provided, cut out and create a name plate for the seminar.
3) Examine the grading rubric (included) and be prepared to participate in the discussion.
4) Participate in a Socratic Seminar style class discussion and will discuss the open-ended questions INCLUDED in this activity.
6) Complete a creative EXIT CARD/ Assessment Activity.
***All student worksheets, handouts, grading rubric, discussion questions, link to online reference material and Exit Card Activity are all INCLUDED!
Created by Learning is a Passion