We developed this set of 28 posters for a range of reasons (and activities).
- To display 14 different 2D shapes on our maths display
- To link 2D shapes with their properties - children to pair them up
- To link 2D shapes to the language of shape
There are no titles for the posters as we wanted our children to learn the names and the properties of the shapes without the names being displayed. We found that if the names were present, the children didn't retain the knowledge. Removing the names of the shapes from the posters actually created more of a challenge and the children saw naming all 28 as a competition - and moved the learning on more!
Not only that, but we realised that, although these are incredible for displays, they also offer themselves for a variety of other activities:
- Flashcards for the teacher (or child) to show the class and the class respond with the correct shape name.
- Go Fish (where children turn over all the posters and have to find a matching pair which includes the shape and the description.
- Yes/No Game - the teacher holds a card in their hand without showing the children. The children have ten questions which they can ask in order to work out what shape the teacher is holding. The answers to the questions can only be Yes of No.
Once purchased and downloaded, simply print and display.
These can easily be enlarged on the photocopier, or printed onto coloured paper to match your classroom style.
To make the posters last for longer, they can be laminated before displaying.
Please note that if you are purchasing our 2D Bingo Game - these cards also form part of the Bingo set - therefore, do not buy these. If you wish to view the 2D Bingo game.
Thank you for visiting our store.