Age of Exploration: God, Glory, Gold is a document based activity allowing the students to engage in the three main reasons why Europeans set out to explore the world and find new trade routes.
The students will sort 12 different documents into 3 categories: God, Glory and Gold. When students have analyzed and sorted their document set they will then construct an answer for the question: Describe why the Europeans explored Africa, Asia, and the Americas starting in the 1400s?
This product was designed around the question above and the Texas World History Standards:
- 1.D Identify major causes and describe the major effects of the following important turning points in world history from 1450 to 1750: European exploration, Columbian Exchange, European expansionism.
- 7.A Analyze the causes of European expansion from 1450 to 1750.
The product is a downloadable ZIP File that includes:
- PPT with warm-up and directions
- Note page for students (Word Doc)
- Documents (Word Doc)
- Key for the teacher (Word Doc)
Thanks for looking!!