Do you want to make learning music standards fun? Do you want a unit that teaches ALL the music standards? You need to learn about THE BATTLE OF THE BANDS!!!
The Battle of the Bands encourages groups of children (grades 3-6) to work together cooperatively to analyze, compose, and perform a song. Each group (band) of children rehearses and competes for the champion title of WINNER of THE BATTLE OF THE BANDS!
Unit Objective: Students will work cooperatively in groups (bands) to prepare and perform a chosen song on classroom instruments to develop rhythm, sight-reading, composing, and ensemble skills.
This is a 7-lesson unit designed to fulfill every standard of the National Standards for Music Education:
1. Singing, alone or with others, a varied repertoire of music. (Lessons #1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music. (Lessons #2,3,4,5,6,7)
3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments. (Lessons #2,3,4)
4. Composing and arranging music with specified guidelines. (Lessons #3,4)
5. Reading and notating music. (Lessons #1,2,3)
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music. (Lessons #2,7)
7. Evaluating music and music performances. (Lesson #7)
8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts. (Lesson #7)
9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture. (Lesson #7)
This unit includes:
- 14 pages of lesson plans (Lessons 1-7)
- EDITABLE Awards Certificate
- EDITABLE Teacher Score Sheet
- EDITABLE Grading Rubric/Critique
- EDITABLE Peer Evaluations
Find more quality music education products at: MUSIC WITH MRS HAGEMANN