**Includes a Google version for your Distance Learning needs! Please make sure any resources placed online are password protected (no public access) Thanks!
In this (fully- editable) activity your students will compare the major ideas of 7 Enlightenment philosophers, “thinkers”, (Hobbes, Montesquieu, Locke, Wollstonecraft, Rousseau, Beccaria, Voltaire) that subsequently inspired the democratic revolutions and governments in England, the United States, France and Latin America by participating in an Enlightenment Salon discussion (Socratic Seminar Format).
For the Socratic Seminar Activity your students will:
1) Be assigned a Enlightenment philosopher, or “thinker” (by the teacher) of out 7. (You could easily add to/change the list of Enlightenment Thinkers)
2) Research their assigned thinker and complete the “Student Research” worksheet/ Focus Questions.
3) Using the template provided, cut out and create a name plate for their assigned thinker for the seminar.
4) Examine the grading rubric (included) and be prepared to participate in the salon discussion.
5) Participate in a Socratic Seminar (salon) and will discuss the open-ended questions INCLUDED in this activity.
6) Complete a creative EXIT CARD/ Assessment Activity.
***All student worksheets, handouts, grading rubric, discussion questions, link to online reference material and Exit Card Activity are all INCLUDED!
Created by Learning is a Passion - Visit My Store
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. Thanks