Celebrate Pi Day virtually or in-person with this collection of five, fun and engaging math activities! Perfect for middle school aged (my early high students also loved these activities!), this resources contains PDF pages for printing and a link to a digital, Google Slides version with text boxes added. Included:
* Pi Day Investigation - students will discover the origin of the pi symbols by calculating circumference of circles
* "When is Pi Useful" research questions. Students will research the practical applications of Pi in NASA and Building/Construction
* Pi Day "Guess the Picture" - students will love this mini-game of guessing the words represented by Pi symbols and pictures.
* Pi Day Trivia Challenge - students will answer five questions relating to area and circumference of circles. A self-checking QR code is included
* Pi Day picture logic puzzle - students will solve for the value of each pi symbol or picture.
Check out my store, Math Down Under, for more great resources