Students today need to be able to analyze both primary and secondary sources as they investigate and learn new information. This presentation is designed to introduce your students to the concepts of primary and secondary sources, and analyze the benefits and drawbacks of each.
- Make predictions about the differences
- Review the definitions together as a class
- Watch a video analyzing the benefits and drawbacks
- Play a quick review activity to check for understanding
- Sort items into piles of either primary or secondary sources
- Play an interactive review game online
Students learn so much better by moving and practicing the content. Students will move their bodies based on how they classify each source. They will sort cards into each category. Additionally, the lesson includes class discussion, group analysis, and independent practice.