**Includes a Google version for your distance learning needs! Please make sure any resources placed online are password protected (no public access). Thank you!
In this (fully- editable) activity your students will explore the Spanish American War-1898 (Essential Question: Why did the relationship between the U.S. and Spain go sour?) by participating in a Socratic Seminar...OPTIONAL: if you prefer, this resource could easily be used as a document based student activity only instead of a full Socratic Seminar (classwork or homework)!
For the Socratic Seminar Activity your students will:
1) Watch a short warm-up video and complete an overview graphic organizer on the war.
1) Read and examine 16 short primary source excerpts, charts etc. and answer Comprehension Questions about each source to guide understanding.
2) Using the template provided, cut out and create a name plate for the seminar.
3) Examine the grading rubric (included) and be prepared to participate in the discussion.
4) Participate in a Socratic Seminar style class discussion and will discuss the open-ended questions INCLUDED in this activity.
6) Complete a creative EXIT CARD/ Assessment Activity.
***All student worksheets, handouts, grading rubric, discussion questions, link to online reference material and Exit Card Activity are all INCLUDED!
Created by: Learning is a Passion