Do you need engaging, synonyms and antonyms activities for your next lesson? Rap songs are your solution!
Based on history and reading rap songs, these activities will while they practice synonyms and antonyms skills. Easily incorporate them into independent activities or complete them together as a class lesson. The song lyrics for these activities have many content-vocabulary words for students to practice identifying synonyms and antonyms with.
A mix of fun topics that kids will love!
These passages and songs cover:
- the history of Hip Hop and rap music
- a parody of the Black Panther comicbook superhero
- a comparison of Disney's Moana movie with the original, Islander folktales that inspired the movie
- and other engaging topics.
Teach reading skills to your students in a way that they will enjoy!
Kids love music and will certainly enjoy identifying synonyms and antonyms for words in the songs. These activities also feature simple explanations of what synonyms and antonyms are to guide students' comprehension.
Multiple-choice questions with answer keys!
All of these synonyms and antonyms activities have multiple-choice questions with answer keys for easy grading.
Songs for activities in this bundle:
Everything included in this bundle is listed below. Click the product links above for more details.
- the lyrics for each song
- 6 multiple-choice, synonyms questions with the answer key per passage
- 6 multiple-choice, antonyms questions with the answer key per passage.
How to use these activities:
- Explain the concept of synonyms using the instructions on page 1.
- Ask students to give a few examples of words that are synonyms.
- Next, have students listen to each song for the corresponding reading passage while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Guide students through answering question 1 as a class. Review with them as necessary.
- Students will now answer the remaining 5 multiple-choice synonyms questions.
- Repeat the above steps with the antonyms questions.
- The answer keys for the questions are located on pages 5 and 6.
Get this bundle now to keep your students engaged with reading!
*Leave a review if you liked these activities.*
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com
Store: Rap Opera for Kids
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
The Real Story Behind Moana, Movie Review Song with Compare and Contrast Reading Worksheets
The Real Story Behind Moana, Movie Review Song *Get the compar...
Jazz Music History Song, Part 2: Jazz Musicians with Compare and Contrast Worksheets
Jazz Music History Song Part 2: Jazz Musicians *Get the compar...
The History of Hip Hop for Students Rap Song #1 with Main Idea and Supporting Details Worksheets
The History of Hip Hop for Students Song 1 with main idea and ...
Black Panther Superhero, Problem and Solution Song with Problem and Solution Activities
Black Panther Superhero, Problem and Solution song for kids *G...
Frederick Douglass Biography for Kids Rap Song, Part 2 with Multisyllabic Words Worksheets
Frederick Douglass biography for kids rap song, part 2 with mu...