Do you need engaging, synonyms and antonyms worksheets for your next lesson?
Rap songs are your solution!
Based on history and reading rap songs, these activities will keep your students' attention using song lyrics while they practice vocabulary skills. Easily incorporate them into independent activities or complete them together as a class lesson.
What teachers like you had to say:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Saved me so much time. Thank you." – Rachael D.
These activities are:
- no prep to save you time,
- super simple and easy to use,
- with high-interest reading passages based on rap songs!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Very useful!" – Taryn H.
Listen to the songs with subtitles using the links below! (Click here if you have trouble viewing the videos.)
Multiple-choice questions with answer keys!
All of these activities have multiple-choice questions with answer keys for easy grading.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Great resources." – Heba S.
Everything included in this bundle is listed below. Click the product links above for more details.
- the lyrics for each song for use as a reading passage
- simple explanations of what synonyms and antonyms are to guide student comprehension
- 6 multiple-choice, synonyms questions with the answer key per passage
- 6 multiple-choice, antonyms questions with the answer key per passage.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Awesome!" – Anthony S.
How to use these activities:
- Explain the concept of synonyms using the instructions on page 1.
- Ask students to give a few examples of words that are synonyms.
- Next, have students listen to each song for the corresponding reading passage while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Guide students through answering question 1 as a class. Review with them as necessary.
- Students will now answer the remaining 5 multiple-choice synonyms questions.
- Repeat the above steps with the antonyms questions.
- The answer keys for the questions are located on pages 5 and 6.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Love this!" – Language Encounters.
This bundle includes a bonus, comic hero parody activity!
Get this bundle now to keep your students engaged with reading!
*Leave a review if you liked these activities.*
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
Copyright © 2022 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Fun Compare and Contrast Song with Compare and Contrast Activities for the Moana Movie
Fun compare and contrast song with compare and contrast activi...
Jazz Music History Song, Part 2: Jazz Musicians with Compare and Contrast Worksheets
Jazz Music History Song Part 2: Jazz Musicians *Get the compar...
History of Hip Hop for Students Rap Song with Main Idea and Supporting Details Middle School Lesson
History of Hip Hop for students rap song with main idea and su...
Black Panther Superhero, Problem and Solution Song with Problem and Solution Activities
Black Panther Superhero, Problem and Solution song for kids *G...
Frederick Douglass Biography Rap Song for Students, Part 2 with Reading Comprehension Activities
Frederick Douglass biography rap song for students, part 2 wit...