A Lesson on the event leading up to the Ukraine Crisis 2022. In order to understand this, students need to take a deep look into the history of the struggle Ukraine has had with its more powerful neighbors in its attempts to become independent. Finally, in 1991, Ukraine was free of domination and created its own government system, and claimed independence for the first time in history. In an attempt to reach independence, there has been a great amount of bloodshed over the centuries.
Let's take a look at the rich history of Ukraine while having fun at the same time. This is an interactive lesson.
- Pre-Assessment & Post-Assessment in the form of a PowerPoint (Pictionary Game)
- Traveling Stations Activity to discover the rich history of Ukraine
- Traveling Station Cards 1-12
- Ukrainian Crisis Traveling Guiding Reading Activity
- Invasion Bingo Card (Prediction)
- Group Discussion Guiding questions
- Suggested Videos and Songs to use if the teacher chooses to do so.
- The learner will identify and become familiar with Ukraine’s history reaching back
to the 9th Century.
- The learner will understand the conflict between Ukraine and Russia throughout
- The learner will discover the struggle Ukrainians have faced gaining
independence from more powerful countries surrounding their country.
- The learner will recognize the events that led up to the Ukrainian Crises of 2022.
- The learner will be able to explain the reasons why Russian President Vladimir
Putin wants to govern Ukraine.
- The learner will predict the outcome of the Ukraine Crises of 2022.
- Ottoman Empire
- Kiev Rus'
- Ukrainian Invasions over centuries: Poland, Lithuania, Russia
- Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact of 1939
- World War I & II
- Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN)
- Orange Revolution
- The Tragedy of Babi Yar
- Nuremberg Trials
- Crimea Pennisula
- Commonwealth of Independent States
- The Ukraine Crisis 2014 & 2022
- And More
Students will learn a great deal just in two class periods and will have the opportunity to work alongside their classmates and experience what it has been like to live in Ukraine.