This is Part 1 of a Six-Part series where students examine primary source reading passages from major historical events. It is completely student-centered, GOOGLE Compatible, and ready to print, copy and go! Great for distance learners, paperless classrooms, encouraging independent learning, and creating capable historical thinkers!
-Excerpts from the Declaration of Independence
-Excerpts from Washington’s Farewell Address
-Duel between Burr and Hamilton (a letter from Aaron Burr to the doctor of Hamilton)
-Lewis & Clark Expedition (several journal entries)
-War of 1812 (a letter from First Lady Dolley Madison to her sister as she fled the White House)
•A Teacher Guide
•A Cover Page for Student Binders
- A Primary Source Reading
- A Scavenger Hunt “Can You Find” Chart
- Five “Can You Understand” Questions
- Two “I Can” Short Responses
- A Five-Question, Multiple-Choice Quiz
- One Evidence-Based Long Response Writing Piece
- An answer key for each quiz
- A link to the Google compatible resource
Like my stuff? Please, leave a review about this product on my store page. I would love to provide more products like this!
You can find other exciting Social Studies products on my store page- The Mad Historian!