WELCOME GOLFERS to the WACKY WORLD GOLF COURSE, also known as the WWGC.
Golfers move around the classroom to each of the 9 holes on the golf course. At each hole, golfers pick a math game card. Each game card contains a math word problem (one-step and multi-step) related to the golf course. Most of the word problems align with third-grade math Common Core Standards. (See the list of the standards on the thumbnail.) There are 72 game cards included, so your students (golfers) may play many rounds of golf.
The golfers determine their score by rolling a die. Golfers may also have to add or subtract additional points to their score depending on the game card they pick from the bag. Listed on some game cards are stroke penalties (hazards or distractions) and bonus strokes. A stoke penalty adds points to the golfer’s score, and bonus strokes allow golfers to subtract points from their score.
The features of the WWGC include tropical waterfalls, caves, dinosaurs, bears, gators, aliens, pirates, in addition to many other crazy happenings.
Each hole has a theme:
- Hot Diggity Dog
- Dino Mountain
- Holiday Madness
- Pirate’s Cove
- Bear Creek Canyon
- Out of This World
- Animal Haven
- Aloha Falls Garden
- The Unsinkable Hole
What is a golf course without a clubhouse? Offer some refreshments for the golfers at the Wacky World Clubhouse after they finish the 9 holes. (Optional) Included are suggestions for golf-themed refreshments.
Included in this product: All materials come in color and black and white.
- 72 game cards - 8 cards for each of the 9 holes – One-step and multi-step word problems
- 9 blank game cards - For an extra activity, have your student write additional word problems to add to the golf course holes
- 18 sheets for the golf course - 2 sheets for each of the nine holes - A picture of the golf course hole and the hole’s description
- Picture of the clubhouse
- Directions for the WWGC game
- Example of the game
- A list of the golf terms
- A scorecard for the golfers
- 9 designs for each hole to glue onto paper bags
- Answer keys for each of the 9 holes
- A sheet for the golfers to show their work
- A list of theme related refreshments for the clubhouse (optional)
Visit my store, MathCritters, for more great math games, activities, and worksheets.