Worksheets to use throughout the year!
There are 27 camping-themed worksheets in this product that align with 4th-grade math CCSS (See below for a list of math skills.) All worksheets contain problems involving the fictional Roundwood Camp and the 7 Roundwood Camp leaders. Students will have fun completing the worksheets throughout the year. They can complete the worksheets in any order.
These worksheets are great for students to use at a math center, for individual/partner practice, or as a whole group activity.
Word Problem Worksheets: (Come in black and white)
- 19 worksheets include 70 unique camping-themed word problems.
- The word problems include one-step and multi-step problems.
- Each word problem is missing some information. Students look at the informational pages (camping scenes) to find the missing information.
- The answer keys for the word problems show the answers and steps needed to solve each problem.
Camping scenes/informational pages: (Comes in color and b/w)
- Tent and Accessory Rentals with Rocky
- Boat Rentals and Fishing at Roundwood Lake with River and Rodney
- Camp Activities with Ranger Ricky
- Ziplining and Hiking with Rip and Ranger Ricky
- Campfire Entertainment with Ray
- Horseback Riding, Trail Rides, and Parties with Rowdy
- Roundwood Camp Café Menu
Word Problem Worksheets – Math skills include: (Solve one-step and multi-step problems.)
- Add and subtract multi-digit whole numbers.
- Multiply and divide within 100 (basic facts).
- Round multi-digit whole numbers.
- Write multi-digit whole numbers in standard form, word form, and expanded form.
- Multiply a whole number of up to four digits by a one-digit whole number.
- Multiply two two-digit whole numbers.
- Find whole-number quotients and remainders with up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors. Some problems include interpreting remainders.
- Compare decimals to hundredths.
- Convert decimals to fractions.
- Convert fractions to decimals by finding an equivalent fraction with a denominator of 10 or 100.
- Find equivalent fractions.
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with like denominators; replace a mixed number with an equivalent fraction with a denominator of 10 or 100.
- Measure intervals of time – Find the elapsed time.
- Make a line plot to display a data set of measurements in fractions of a unit ( , , ).
- Add and subtract money amounts.
Individual Skills Worksheets: (Comes in color and b/w)
- 8 worksheets cover individual skills for students to practice.
- Answer keys included
Individual skills worksheets - Skills included:
1) Round multi-digit whole numbers up to 1,000,000. (camping riddle)
2) Find factors and multiples of a number. Identify prime and composite numbers. (camping riddle)
3) Subtract 4-digit numbers. (camping riddle)
4) Multiply a 4-digit number by a 1-digit number. (camping riddle)
5) Multiply two 2-digit whole numbers. (camping riddle)
6) Divide a 3-digit or 4-digit dividend by a 1-digit divisor. (camping riddle)
7) Measure intervals of time - Find the start time or end time from a given time. (camping riddle)
8) Make a line plot to display a data set of measurements in fractions of a unit. Solve problems by using information presented on the line plot.
- A page with the camp leaders - optional for a display/math center
- A page describing the camp leaders - optional for a display/ math center
- Clocks (several options) to help students with the elapsed time problems – optional
Visit my store, MathCritters, for more great math games, activities, and worksheets.